In light of the mission of Catholic Education, we have collaboratively developed this Vision of a Graduate of All Saints Catholic Academy.
A graduate of All Saints Catholic Academy will:
Be a God-centered person of faith who:
- Develops a relationship with God through faithfulness in daily life, prayerful conversation with God, and knowledge of Scripture.
- Understands the ethical and moral issues raised by new advances in science, technology, and other disciplines and reconciles those with the Gospel.
- Demonstrates that not all that is available is acceptable or appropriate.
- Possesses a sense of responsibility to self, community, and the world while making spiritually healthy choices.
- Knows the ministries available to serve the Church and others.
- Lives the themes of Catholic Social Teaching, the works of mercy and Jesus' commandments of love.
Be a creative and reflective learner who:
- Possesses effective communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Knows, understands and accepts other cultures.
- Reads for pleasure and identifies various genres of literature.
- Can do effective research using multiple media sources.
- Applies knowledge and thinks analytically and critically in order to solve complex problems.
- Acquires and applies science and technology skills.
- Possesses an historical perspective and knowledge of national and world history while conscious of the impact of global economic, political, and ecological issues.
- Realizes his/ her own academic potential while aspiring to become a life-long learner.
- Effectively manages their time and commitments.
- Appreciates the fine arts.
Be a healthy person who:
- Has knowledge about the health of the mind and body, and about good nutrition, exercise and personal hygiene.
- Appreciates his/ her own strengths and weaknesses and accepts those of others.
- Respects his/ her own and others' bodies in light of Gospel values.
- Understands the effect of poor choices on health and well-being and avoids substance abuse.
Be an emotionally, socially, and personally responsible person who:
- Cooperates and collaborates with others respectfully in order to resolve problems and conflicts.
- Adapts to changing conditions and experiences while holding to Gospel values.
- Is self-motivated and realizes that self-fulfillment is its own reward.
- Possesses a self-esteem built on self-respect.
- Interacts with others with the same warmth, joy, and forgiveness as Jesus.
- Has the ability to set long and short-term goals and strives to identify the means to achieve them.